For debugging and troubleshooting problems, it's sometimes useful to run Synergy via the command line.
First, we'll need to get the command line string from the GUI, like so...
- Open Synergy
- Click the File menu (Windows/Linux) or the Synergy menu (Mac)
- Click the Preferences menu item
- Change Logging level to Debug
- Click OK
- Click Apply
- Click Stop
- Scroll up in the log until you see "INFO: command:"
- Copy the text after "INFO: command:"
- Change the Logging level back to Info
You should have a command line that looks something like this (e.g. on a client)...
/Applications/Synergy.app/Contents/MacOS/synergyc -f --no-tray --debug DEBUG --name woody 192.168.1.1 :24800
Now, open Command Line (Windows) or Terminal app (Mac/Linux) and paste in the log line and hit the enter key to start. To stop, use the Ctrl+C keystroke.