After purchasing you can download the Synergy installer on all computers.
Windows: Run the downloaded installer and follow the install wizard steps.
Mac: Open the downloaded image file to show the install window, then drag the Synergy icon into the Applications folder.
Linux: Run the downloaded package to open the package manager, then click the Install button.
Now that you've installed Synergy on all of your computers, you can start the setup.
When you've got Synergy installed on all the computers, copy your serial key from the download page and paste it into the text box provided on each computer.
Now that you've added the serial keys, let's start with configuring the server.
- Ensure that the Server checkbox is ticked.
- Click on the Configure Server button.
- You can get started on adding your client.
- You now should see the Screens and Links tab.
- Drag a new screen down from the icon in the top right.
- Place the screen relative to the server screen in the center.
- Double click on the new unnamed screen.
- Change the unnamed name to match the client computer.
- Click OK to close the Screen Settings window.
- The Server Configuration page should show the new screen.
Now that you've added a client, hit OK to take you back to the main screen. You can then click Apply in the bottom right of the window to start the server which will wait for a client to connect.
Now the server is set up it's time to move on to the client.
- Ensure that the Client checkbox is ticked.
- Enter the Servers IP address into the Server IP box. (This is the bold IP address on the servers window)
- Click Apply to save the configuration.
Now that you've set the client up to connect to the server, hit Start to get it to connect to the server, then wait for it to show it's connected to the server in the feed at the bottom of the window.
Congratulations! You're now Synergyized.