When using Synergy, you may want to swap your modifier keys around. For example, when sharing a Windows keyboard to a Mac, using Command-C can be tricky because the Windows key is in a different place to the Command key on a Mac.
Here's how you swap the Command and Windows keys for the Mac.
- Open Synergy on your server.
- Click the "Configure Server..." button on the main display.
- You should now see all the machines that are configured on your network.
- Double click on the machine you'd like to edit the keys on (e.g. the Mac)
- You should now see a Screen Settings window.
- On the right side you'll see a vertical list of all the modifier keys.
- Click the Alt dropdown and select Super from the list.
- Then click the Super dropdown and select Alt from the list.
- Click OK to close the Screen Settings window.
- Then click OK again to close the Server Configuration window.
- Finally, click Apply to save your new configuration.
Your Command and Windows keys will now be swapped for the Mac!